5 Tips for Migraine Relief
By popular demand, we're back at it covering ... Migraines!
This time around, we're diving into what YOU can do to take control of the condition on your own.
Take a quick look at the video below ...
Our Top 5 Recommendations for Migraine Relief
1. Keep a Journal - this tends to be one of the MOST effective strategies overall. There's a lot of information that gets lost in the daily bustle of life, so taking the time to think about the day can reveal potential Migraine Triggers.
2. Mind Your Triggers - Research has shown that Migraines, for some folks, can be triggered or worsened by lifestyle and/or dietary habits. It would be best to identify these and ... stop doing them! Sometimes, it can be as easy as that.
3. MOVE - Movement is life. Our spines and bodies were designed to move and designed to THRIVE. Take 15-30 minutes every day and dedicate it to movement. Now, there is no need to get a gym membership just yet. We want to have some achievable goals first. Everything can be done in the comfort of your home. Push-ups, air squats, wall sits, walking up your stairs ... play with your kids! Just move.
4. Take MircroBreaks -Most of us spend a lot of time looking at screens. It's just a part of life at this point. This intense focus has shown to irritate the eyes, the eye muscles, and even the nerves that power and move the eyes. Our eyes need a break from time to time! Use the 20-20-20 Strategy: Every 20 minutes, take 20 seconds, and look 20 feet away. Not too difficult, right?
5. Put it all Together - Put these strategies together to spring into action. YOU have to have the desire and drive to WANT to get better. Research and clinical practice has CLEARLY shown that you must take an active role in your health. It's not an option, it's a requirement. Without action, change cannot occur.
Ok. Now it's time to make change. Use these 5 Recommendations immediately and take control!
If you missed our popular video on Migraines, take a look below:
Migraines are a neurological disease with incapacitating neurological, or nerve, symptoms . Typically, it's a severe throbbing pain, commonly on one side of the head. In about 1/3 of attacks, both sides of the head are affected. Typical symptoms include the following:
extreme sensitivity to sound, light, touch and smell
tingling or numbness in the extremities or face.
According to Migraine Research Foundation, 39 MILLION people in the USA suffer from Migraines. Interestingly enough, 28 Million of that total are women. Worldwide, its estimated that upwards of 1 BILLION people are affected with Migraines. Even with such a high prevalence, the condition itself is still "poorly understood."
Relevant to our focus here at Keystone Chiropractic LKN, Migraines can be a secondary condition to an Atlas Displacement Complex (click for more on ADC). Below, we've highlighted a fantastic research study that treated patients with an Atlas Displacement using specific Upper Cervical Chiropractic techniques. Take a look below:
If you have migraines in Huntersville, Cornelius, or Davidson, set up a time to chat about what's going on with you, Contact Us and let us know!
#StructureDeterminesFunction #structuralchiropractic #blairuppercervical #uppercervicalchiropractic #chiropractic #headaches #backpain #wecanfixthat #uppercervical #uppercervicalcharlotte #uppercervicallakenorman #shifthappens#checktheneck #neckpain #backpain #evidencebased #healthiswealth #lakenorman #charlotte #cornelius #davidson #huntersville
This blog is provided for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The details of any case mentioned in this post represent a typical patient that we might see and do not describe the circumstances of a specific individual.